I’ve been thinking about this for awhile. How can I be thankful even after dealing with everything I have been?
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
Count it all joy. For me, that’s what it all comes down to. I have known for a long time that I’ve dealt with everything that I have, and still do, so that I can use my struggles to help others. That’s what it comes down to. Joy. So today, on Thanksgiving I am going to list things that have happened that in the end I am grateful for.
- That I lived to see my 30th birthday. There were times I didn’t think I’d make it past my teenage years.
- That my liver is alive and well even after all the abuse I put it through
- That I got the pleasure of meeting Kim, and learning so much through her (the struggle was when she left)
- That I can use some of my struggles from this year to help other survivors.
- That I’ve realized my future goal – Shelter Advocate. Be a friend to those in need.
- That I am learning just how strong I am.
This year has certainly had it’s ups and downs, more downs than up. But, I’ve learned that I can count it all joy because it’s teaching me so many valuable lessons. Life is a learning experience. For all this, I can count it all joy. Does this make going through the struggles easy. No way. It just makes it worth it in the end.
Count it all joy, my friends, count it all joy!
-Becoming Katie Butterfly
I am grateful to be a survivor and help others like me too. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person